Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm back!... sort of.

Alright, this is me back on the saddle. Just don’t let the horse go too fast or go through a bumpy road my back is still out of whack. It is good to be back. If you missed me, thanks and thanks for checking again to see if this crazy person wrote anything new. If you didn’t and happen to come across this writing just know that I’ve been gone for 2 months. It wasn’t due to health issues. If it were due to those at least I would have had a good excuse for my absence. No, what happened was that my phone died and that was the way that I would get my writing done and posted. Of course it had to be a timing thing and my phone broke on Dec 20, bah humbug!!! So goes a barrage of belated well wishes. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Three Kings Day (if you celebrate this) and happy Saint Valentine’s Day. The fact that I’ve been gone for all these dates and have not done anything effective to come back on line does not speak well of me, I know. Fact is that I don’t care too much for these “special days”. To me, every day is special and deserves to be celebrated. It is not that I don’t like these days, no. What I don’t like is the commercialization and the fact that it is a series of dates to be “nice” or do better”. Hey, wouldn’t this world be a better place if these days where were to show our best behavior were just like any other day? Or better yet, this “best” behavior that we display is also used throughout the whole year. Isn’t that a novel idea?

If you think that I’ve been suppressing my rantings, well, you may be right. I try to be a nice guy and keep my disagreements to myself and not spread these around. I try, that is why I tend to vent in my writings and as you’ve noticed I’ve a little backlogged in that department. Here is my first rant for the day:

Politics as usual… This is really rich. This coming from a California Legislator, who can’t balance a budget and due to disagreements in principles can’t close a deficit of 42 billion dollars for the state. The only way that this was approved was because the speaker kept the Legislators in session for 2 days and I’m sure that after missing your bed twice the alternatives start looking better and better. OK, enough background. This person from the GOP is giving his views on the budget released by the President. Mr. Nunez kept stating how this was ridiculous how the budget kept getting higher and higher each year. How the national debt would double in the next 10 years. Then he brings up the fact that in the President’s plans to withdraw troops from Iraq will take 19 months instead of the 16 that he had campaigned for. Just more broken promises form a failed presidency. Give me a break! The man has been in office for a month and a week and has been given the reins of a horse that is running wild, towards a cliff. The only thing that I can say in Mr. Nunez favor is that at least he stayed in message and kept voicing his point of view.

If it weren’t for these guys that are so obtuse and can’t see beyond the ingrained ideas behind which they hide and can’t confront what is in front of them I would be a Republican. Yes, I am for gun rights, I am pro-life although I don’t believe in shoving my believes down other peoples throat, I don’t believe that the more you make the more you should be taxed, in fact I believe quite the opposite. However, when you look at the way this nation is at this moment there are things that need to be done, no matter how painful. Don’t worry, I’m not going to keep ranting here. My only beef is with politicians like Mr. Nunez, who can’t see beyond their nose, and that is because it is right in front of his eyes. Well, sir, it is time to look around and see what business as usual has brought us. It may have escaped your knowledge but the delay in getting an approved budget for the state of California lowered the credit rating for the state and caused thousands of state employees to take unpaid days off twice a month. Not to mention the 10’s of thousands of jobs that were in jeopardy because there was no money to keep funding them.

…it’s good to be back!

No comments: